Ron Clyde, Broker-in-Charge
Clyde Realty, LLC was established in 1993 by Ron Clyde, owner and Broker in Charge. Ron began his real estate career in 1987 as an investor, buying foreclosed properties from Housing and Urban Development (HUD). In 1980 Ron associated with Leweke Realty, Inc. in Mauldin, South Carolina as a sales associate. As his career continued with C. Dan Joyner, Prudential Realtors and then Re/Max Realty Professionals, he brought experience in negotiation for large tracks of land to be developed for single-family subdivisions along with marketing of single family homes.
The company continues to specialize in the marketing of land, single-family residential homes and complete subdivisions, multi-family, office, commercial, and industrial properties. In addition, as the company has grown, we have added sales agents who also hold contractors licenses. These agents add a unique aspect to the company by providing the ability to maximize owners’ returns by improving site or improvements on the site. We accomplish this by improving access to land sites or completing repairs and maintenance of any improvements on the sites prior to listing either for sale. The company provides a wealth and a depth of additional client services unavailable from other Real Estate companies in the Upstate. These include:
- Investment property evaluations and marketing including Section 1031 tax deferred exchanges
- Broker Price opinions by a former residential appraiser
- National, South American, and Canadian relocation service
- Realtor interviews and recommendation for clients exiting the upstate looking for an agent in their new market area
- Vacation and resort properties though out North America, especially in snow ski resorts and the costal Carolina properties
- Construction project management, residential or industrial
I believe it could be in your interests to know a little about our agents, our company, and backgrounds. Please review the agents’ briefs below and my attached resume, and consider us as you deem appropriate.
We are a small, very competitive and flexible company with 5 associated licensees. We service the upstate of South Carolina including Greenville, Laurens, Pickens, Western Spartanburg, and Eastern Anderson counties. Incorporated cities included in our service area are Anderson, Berea, Clinton, Easley, Fountain Inn, Gray Court, Greenville, Greer, Mauldin, Simpsonville, Taylors, and the unincorporated areas surrounding those cities. Each of our licensed real estate agents brings unique contributions in several areas, all in addition to their formal real estate training.
Career sales agent professional with 18 years of experience providing high quality service to a variety of clients delivering exceptional value to clients.
Skilled in sales negotiations and evaluating investment properties to maximize returns.
Clyde Realty, LLC, Simpsonville, SC – Sales Agent – September 2021 – Present
- Lead agent for investment properties and rezoning properties to maximize their return
- Cater needs to customers and deliver an exceptional client experience
OnSite Realtors®, Spartanburg, SC – Sales Agent – October 2017 – September 2021
- Buyer and listing agent for residential, land and commercial properties with typical closing value of $70,000 – $1.2M
- Active agent for real estate investment & investment analysis
DIACON, LLC – Owner / Entrepreneur – March 2003 – Present
- Owner of mortgage real estate company buying and selling homes and acting as contract lead and owner-provided financing
- Grew company portfolio using diversified strategy of selling, renting and flipping homes
Denny’s Corporate Office, Spartanburg, SC – Restaurant Accounting & Fixed Asset Accounting – 1993-2003
- Tracked all equipment, food inventory & restaurant accounting for 30 restaurants including reporting in-and-out tracked information and evolving location menus to satisfy customers in different markets
- Tracked all equipment across ~25 restaurants ensuring they had the same equipment at all times and ensuring a smooth in-and-out accounting process
- Found glitches in ordering system and provided resolutions to address challenges
Spartanburg Community College – Marketing & Management Diploma – 1991
- Expert Communicator & Negotiator
- Cater Communication to Audience
- Exceptional Customer Service & Reliability
- Take Charge & Deliver
- Great Attention to Detail
Darla Thompson, Realtor
Darla began her real estate career long before getting her real estate license by managing single family rental properties that she and her husband, David were buying, repairing, and renting. She obtained her real estate license in 2016 and has been associated with Clyde Realty, LLC ever since. Skills homed through those years, along with raising 10 children during 46 years of marriage, stand ready to be put to work for the benefit of her clients. Darla has also obtained her certification as a Life Coach, training including listening skills, negotiations; and her National Tutoring Certification which focuses on breaking down complex concepts so they can be easily understood. Additionally, she is a self taught Quick-Books expert, since its inception in the early 1980s showing astute attention to detail. She has certifications and degrees in Psychology, Interior Decorating, and Business, all adding to her expertise as a Realtor. She coordinates with her husband with decision and design for their rehabs and does all the staging using her Feng Shui expertise. In her spare time, she is an avid reader and a competition ballroom dancer.